Many soups rely on carb-heavy ingredients like potatoes, and this means lung-healthy soup options can be hard to find. Lung Health Institute is here to help by offering a low-carb chilled avocado soup. This soup offers a hefty dose of healthy fats and protein in every serving thanks to ingredients like avocado and unsweetened almond milk.
Our chilled avocado soup is also extremely versatile, and it can be used as a nutritious, stand-alone lunch. It can also be paired with proteins like shrimp, as it is in this recipe, for an even more filling lunch option. This soup can even be used as a side dish for some of our delicious dinner recipes, such as our lung-healthy steak nacho skillet.
PREP TIME | 10 minutes
SERVINGS | 1
Protein: 25 grams
Fat: 32 grams
Carbs: 22 grams
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup diced seedless cucumbers
- 1 1/2 cup cold chicken stock or low-sodium chicken broth*
- 1/4 cup cold unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Hot sauce to taste
- 3 ounces cooked, chilled shrimp
- Chopped mint leaves for optional garnish
- Place the avocado and cucumber in a blender.
- Add the chicken stock, almond milk and lime juice, and process until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl, and season with salt and Tabasco to taste.
- Serve immediately, topped with shrimp and garnished with chopped mint.
*NOTE: Pacific Organic unsalted chicken stock is a good option to purchase for this recipe.
At Lung Health Institute, our health care team has developed 3 Anti-Inflammatory Initiative™ or AI2™ plans that offer many lung-healthy recipe options.
Take the next step to find relief. Contact Lung Health Institute today for more information or to schedule a free consultation at 855-882-1292.