There are numerous types of lung diseases, including pulmonary fibrosis, bronchitis, emphysema and sarcoidosis, that are caused by a variety of factors, including smoking, radiation, dust, pre-existing conditions and illnesses like the flu and pneumonia that get exacerbated and become severe.
Many lung diseases are irreversible and can be fatal, but there are treatment options to help improve your quality of life as you deal with the effects of lung disease, including medication, therapy and more.
It is imperative to recognize the warning signs of lung disease so that you can catch it in its early stages. While many of them can seem minor or like symptoms of less complicated illnesses, paying attention to how long they linger and effect you is key. Here are some symptoms that should alert you that there is something wrong with your lungs
- Shortness of breath – Lung diseases severely damage your lungs, making them thick, clogged with mucus and causing them to deteriorate, thus making it hard to breathe. If you notice that you’re experiencing shortness of breath during even the simplest of daily tasks, call your doctor.
- Chronic cough – Unlike the common cough, a chronic cough lasts longer than just a few days. If you have a cough that lingers for more than a month, there is something wrong.
- Chronic mucus production – Sometimes everything from allergies to a common cold can cause mucus build up in the lungs, but there can also be times where it’s excessive and lasts for much longer than it should.
- Coughing up blood – this is a symptom that should never be taken lightly. Immediately call your doctor if you notice that you’re coughing up blood, as it could be a sign of numerous conditions involving the lungs.
- Chest pain – If you start to experience pain in your chest and can’t figure out why, it could be a sign that something serious is happening involving your lungs. Be sure to get a professional opinion, especially if it lasts for longer than a month, and occurs when you breathe or cough.
Cellular Therapy as Treatment for Lung Disease
Receiving cellular therapy at the Lung Health Institute can help improve your quality of life after being diagnosed with lung disease. With minimally invasive, outpatient procedures that promote natural healing in the lungs, the Lung Health Institute is a leader in the field of cellular therapy as treatment for lung disease.
For more information on the symptoms of lung disease, and to see if you are a candidate for cellular therapy, contact the Lung Health Institute today at (866) 392-4436.