Smoothies are a popular breakfast option that are quick and good for you. Now, patients with a chronic lung disease can keep breakfast smoothies in their diet, too, with this morning wake-up call smoothie recipe. This recipe provides a generous dose of vitamins and minerals by including vegetables such as spinach, celery and cucumber. It also gives you a healthy dose of inflammation-fighting fats by including avocado in the mix. Give this smoothie recipe a try today, and give your lung health a boost first thing in the morning.
Prep Time| 5 minutes
Servings | 1
Protein: 4 grams
Fat: 15 grams
Carbs: 18 grams
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 celery rib
- 1/2 medium cucumber
- 1/2 inch piece ginger root
- 1/2 avocado—peeled, pitted and chopped
- Juice of 1/2 a Meyer lemon
- Optional: Detoxifying Gut Enhancement or preferred protein powder (add 11 grams of protein to macros)
- Chop spinach, celery, cucumber and ginger, and place them in a blender.
- Add the avocado and lemon juice, and process on high until smooth.
- Add protein powder and blend on low until stirred in (optional).
- Serve immediately.
This recipe and other recipes from the Lung Health Institute are designed to help you get the nutrition you need to Breathe Easier™. Contact a patient coordinator today to find out more about other lung-healthy recipes.