This kale and bacon frittata recipe is simple, delicious and helps you fight off inflammation within your body. What better way to start the day? As an added bonus, the high protein and low carbohydrate nutrition combination in this recipe will help boost your energy levels and keep you feeling full longer.
If you have never had a frittata, this will easily become a new favorite. This frittata mixes a lot of great flavors and looks beautiful when served. This is another great recipe to make ahead of time and have breakfast for the next few days.
PREP TIME | 30 minutes
SERVINGS | 4
• 5 large eggs
• 1 1/2 cups finely chopped kale, Swiss chard or spinach
• 3⁄4 cup chopped cooked bacon*
• 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
• Salt and pepper
• 2 large egg whites
• 2 Tablespoons butter
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Generously butter an 8-inch oven-safe frying pan and set aside.
3. Whisk the eggs in a medium mixing bowl.
4. Add the kale, bacon and 2 tablespoons of the cheese, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Using a hand-held electric mixer, beat the 2 egg whites until just firm but not dry.
6. Fold the beaten egg whites into the egg mixture just until small pieces of egg white remain.
7. Scrape the egg mixture into the prepared pan.
8. Sprinkle the top with the remaining 2 tablespoons of cheese and transfer to the preheated oven.
9. Bake until the center is set and the top is golden brown and almost crisp around the edges, about 18 minutes.
10. Remove from the oven and let stand for a couple of minutes before cutting into 4 wedges and serving.
*NOTE: Applegate organics uncured reduced-sodium Sunday bacon and Pederson’s Natural Farms uncured no sugar added hickory-smoked bacon are good options to purchase.
Contact Lung Health Institute today for more information or to schedule a free consultation at 855-882-1292.
Find out if you’re a candidate.
Every day the Lung Health Institute is changing people’s lives. Our duty and obligation is to help our patients, and we know we are doing something special for them. We measure our success by our patients’ success and their satisfaction with our services and the care they receive from our dedicated staff.