There are many foods out there that may help you improve your lung health, and two of these are chicken and avocados. Even these tasty foods can get boring, though, if you’re eating them the same way all the time. To help you get a new and delicious way to make these lung-friendly foods, the Lung Health Institute suggests this recipe for chicken stuffed avocados.
PREP TIME| 20 minutes
Protein: 23 grams
Fat: 28 grams
Carbs: 11 grams
- 2 Avocados, halved and pitted
- 4 oz. cooked chicken
- 4 Tbs. cream cheese, softened*
- ¼ cup chopped tomatoes
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbs. shredded parmesan cheese or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- Scoop out some of the flesh in the center of each avocado; place into mixing bowl.
- Add chicken, cream cheese, tomatoes, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper; mix well to combine.
- Scoop spoonful of chicken mixture into the wells of each avocado; top each with generous amount of Parmesan cheese.
- Place avocado halves, face up in muffin cups to stabilize.
- Bake avocados in preheated oven until cheese is melted, 8-10 minutes.
The Lung Health Institute can help you find other recipes you can use for breakfast, lunch and dinner that help you breathe easier™.
Take the next step to find relief. Contact Lung Health Institute today for more information or to schedule a free consultation.
*NOTE: Organic Valley cream cheese is an excellent choice for this recipe.