If you’re suffering from a chronic lung disease like chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), eating right is more vital than ever. The Lung Health Institute offers this lung-healthy salad that’s perfect for lunchtime. In this recipe, we recommend that you make use of some leftover chicken from a recipe like our pesto roasted chicken. This way, you’ll be able to easily add a hefty dose of protein and healthy fats to this salad. You’ll also be getting vitamins and minerals, such as B vitamins, calcium and zinc from the arugula base of the salad, and all these ingredients will give your body fuel that may allow you to Breathe Easier™.
PREP TIME| 10 minutes
SERVINGS | 1
Protein: 24 grams
Fat: 35 grams
Carbs: 14 grams
- 2 cups young arugula
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil or olive oil*
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 large avocado
- 2 ounces cooked chicken
- Wash arugula and pat dry.
2. Wash the cherry tomatoes, and then cut them in half.
3. Peel, pit and slice the avocado.
4. Chop or slice the cooked chicken.
5. In a large plastic bowl with a lid, combine arugula, cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, oil,
vinegar, Parmesan cheese and chicken.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Place the cover on the bowl, and shake to mix the salad.
*NOTE: Spectrum refined grapeseed oil is a good option to purchase for this recipe.
Lung-healthy recipes are one of the pillars of the Anti-Inflammatory Initiative™ plans offered by the Lung Health Institute, and these recipes are designed to help you Breathe Easier™.
Take the next step to find relief. Contact Lung Health Institute today for more information or to schedule a free consultation.